Empower youth & adult to transition into productive citizens by providing sustainable skills to complement their ability
Country Of Origin
Country of Operation
Haiti and the United States
Strong team of professionals with over 20 years of experience in the field of education.
Long Term Plan
Strengthening educational structures and systems
- Award scholarships to high school graduating seniors in NYC and students living abroad
- Annual youth summits in collaboration with YWCA
- Annual Haiti mission trip
- Teacher Lead Certificate Program
- Virtual ESL program
- Professional development for educators in Haiti
- Summer Talent Ed Workshop, Haiti
- Barbering training
- Partner with S & H school in Haiti to provide training and conduct summer camps
Making the Impossible Possible, Inc. (MIPO, Inc.) is a 501c3 organization dedicated to promoting the quality of life of immigrant youth and their families residing in the New York metropolitan area through a variety of activities. Projects range from organizing youth summits, awarding scholarships to high school graduating seniors in the NY metropolitan area to supporting schools in Haiti with short- and long-term projects, and conducting professional development training for educators in Haiti. Through our intensive training program, our Teacher Leaders have the task of training other educators to use research-based techniques and methods learned from the expertise of MIPO’s team which in return will influence student achievement.
Our Firm Belief:
Individuals can attain their full potential given the opportunity to challenge their own expectations. Education, commitment, dedication, and mentoring efforts are all components to promoting a better quality of life. The urgency in providing relief and assistance to communities in need, lies in the fact that the lasting physical and emotional effects of poverty have a documented ripple effect for generations.
Please visit our website for additional information.
- Secured a partnership with Metropolitan College of NY for the Teacher Lead program
- We've partnered with HRA and IOM in providing disaster preparedness in Haiti
- JetBlue sponsorships
- Partnered with LIU Brooklyn - Speech Department
- Partnered with the Flatbush YMCA
Additional effective board members to share the load of responsibilities