The protection of children, women and girls with a focus on GBV while promoting individual and/or collective well-being
Country Of Origin
Country of Operation
Long Term Plan
Video contest on a campaign to destigmatize and de-stigmatize mental illness.
From a legal point of view, SOHSAM is officially recognized in Haiti by the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labor (MAST) under the number STE- 27212. This association intervenes in several fields such as
- Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (SMSPS)
- The protection of children, women and girls with a focus on GBV.
The overall objective of the structure is to provide quality services to target groups, especially women and children, in order to increase their resilience, self-advocacy and well-being. This objective is achieved through :
- Training in psychological first aid (PSP), mental health and psychosocial support (SMSPS), protection, GBV, etc.
- Psychosocial support to people in need.
- Capacity building of CBOs in mental health.
- Cash transfer.
- And so on.
For the moment, SOHSAM intervenes primarily in the departments of the West, South and Grand 'Anse, more precisely in 06 communes (Tabarre, Port-Salut, Aux Coteaux, Roche-a-Bateau, Corail, Pestel). These targets are mainly refouled people (migrants), women, girls and children, disabled people, and all other people in need of psychosocial support. The actions of the institution are directed towards all categories of people in need of mental health and psychosocial support.
- Provide psychosocial and mental health support to Haitian migrants. Funded by Church World Service
- Psychosocial and mental health support to Haitian earthquake
earthquake victims of August 14. Funded by Concern Worldwide
68, ave. Christophe, P-au-P, Central Polyclinic, appt 21.