Empower and transform the lives of women, children, and families of Caribbean, immigrant, and low-income households.
Country Of Origin
Country of Operation
United States and Territories, Dominican Republic, and Haiti
Long Term Plan
Sarepta WCEC expansion strategy consists of creating and/or replicating its infrastructure in providing social and healthcare services to women, children, and families. Sarepta WCEC is planning on building a Women's Center as part of its services infrastructure.
- Health education and community mobilization;
- Housing assistance and services;
- Prison and shelter women assistance;
- Food distribution and delivery; and,
- Emergency, Disaster, and Humanitarian Response.
Sarepta Women and Children Empowerment Center, Inc. (Sarepta WCEC , for short) is a Massachusetts-based nonprofit with the mission to empower and transform the lives of women, children, and families of Caribbean, immigrant, and low-income households. Sarepta WCEC provides services and maintains (4) four major programs and initiatives: (1) Obed Eliscar Do No Harm Initiative – this initiative is in memory of my son to create awareness, women’s health education, and advocacy; (2) Synergy Partnership – it provides housing assistance services through its housing clinic to women and families in need; (3) Local Community Food Delivery Initiative – this initiative is providing and delivering healthy foods and meals to households and families; and, (4) Care-For-All Prison and Shelter Women Assistance – this program provides assistance to women in shelters and prisons through access to care packages and health education. Sarepta WCEC has a faith-based approach to service, leadership, and community development.
- Housing clinic providing housing services to women and families in Greater Boston;
- Healthy family, healthy food distribution and delivery program; and,
- Awarded grants for health education and community mobilization.
Sarepta WCEC's needs are as follow:
1) Strategic partnerships and collaborations on development and long-term resilience initiatives;
2) Technical assistance for strategic planning and monitoring and evaluation; and
3) Funding for targeted, efficient, and effective execution and implementation of its projects, programs, and initiatives.