Fight against the trafficking and smuggling of children and women in the Grand'anse
Country Of Origin
Country of Operation
• Organization experienced in the management of donor funds, particularly United Nations agencies.
• Existence of a three-year intervention plan.
• Dedicated, experienced, efficient and qualified staff
• Micro-assessed and Audited by UNICEF.
• Support by CRS within the framework of the REPONS project funded by USAID / OFDA.
Micro-assess, and strengthen (training and technical support)
Revision and update of accounting tools as well as the management and internal control policy.
Long Term Plan
1) Carrying out awareness campaigns aimed at raising awareness among participants (parents and vulnerable families), who quite often give their children into domestic service, in orphanages, and / or with a loved one who is aware of the consequences of a such decision.
2) Carrying out training sessions on national and international legal instruments relating to child protection and human trafficking for the benefit of local authorities, community actors, police and justice actors.
3) Development of a complaints / feedback mechanism in the communities for the reporting of protection cases and the satisfaction of beneficiaries with regard to its programs.
4) Carrying out socio-cultural programs for children and young people in the most vulnerable localities with a view to informing them, educating them and discovering the talents that lie dormant in them.
5) Identification in emergency situations and in normal times of vulnerable children at risk of victims of trafficking, abuse and family separation (school reintegration, legal assistance, medical / nutritional and food assistance) in order to ensure their care.
6) Strengthening of community-based protection and coordination mechanisms, facilitating cooperation and the defense and promotion system for the rights of children and women.
7) Full support for children and women victims in emergency situations.
8) Socio-economic development of victimized and / or vulnerable families (vouchers / cash, food kit, hygiene, reconstruction, etc.) during emergency or post-emergency periods.
9) Support for families whose children are victims of violence to set up sustainable economic activities allowing them to take care of the needs of their children.
10) Training on the economic model of a micro enterprise, investment, management and accounting.
IDETTE is developing a continuous approach to violence against children and women and particularly insists on an integrated system of development and support for victims through its program to combat ATEVE (Abuse, Trafficking, Exploitation and Violence against Children). Our current interventions are based on the protection and management of project cases. Funded by the European Union and the United Nations (SPOTLIGHT)
The creation in 2005 of the Departmental Initiative against Child Trafficking and Trafficking (IDETTE) was part of an initiative to combat child trafficking in the department of Grand'Anse by PADF to mobilize all stakeholders in civil society in order to create an alliance around the concerns of protection and promotion of children's rights.
from 2018-2021, IDETTE manages several development, emergency response and protection projects. These projects amount to a total amount of 730,000 USD. The donors are UNICEF, CRS, MINUJUSTH, NEW VENTURE, CARE. We have reached over 1000 families directly and 10,000 children
No own funds to respond in time to the urgent needs of child victims.
Funding requests to partners take time to be approved
Limited logistics means
Low budget to run annual programs.
A financial partner specific to IDETTE, able to finance our annual projects.
Funding of our 3-year protection program.
Logistics means allowing us to travel to the most remote communal sections in the Grand'Anse (Motorcycle, 4x4 car)
Continuous training for our program and finance staff.